Saturday, June 28, 2008

My Big Boy...


Chase turned 6 years old one week ago today. I know it's crazy, but I really think he looks different as a 6 year old than he did the week before when he was 5. I told him so too, the morning of his birthday...

Me: "Chase! You look 6 already! How are you getting so big?"

Chase: (bummed) "I dunno...I know I'm 6, but I still feel 5."

Me: "Maybe it'll take a few days..."

A few days later he came up to me and said, "I don't feel like I'm 5 anymore! I can tell I'm 6!" He's getting SO tall and lanky and growing up way too fast. We've had an amazing summer at home together, and I am so thankful that I am going to have summers like this with him for a long time. We had a pool party for his birthday and friends and family came to celebrate. We had great food and a great time! Happy Birthday Big Boy!...(p.s. you'll always be my baby)



1 comment:

Catherine said...

The party was a hit! I wish I could have stayed longer...:(